Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year, new hopes?

I've nearly abandoned this poor blog over the past year. It's time to rectify that. I need to just take a few minutes and write a little once in a while. It likely will still focus mostly on yarn, but maybe I'll branch out a little bit this year. It's been a rough year for our family, but I am going to try to focus on the positive here. There is always a positive to be seen, even if you have to dig deeply to find it.

So, quick update? I got a new job working in a library. Woot! I really love libraries and the people I work with are totally great. It's a lot of fun and keeps me busy. Also still actively playing with the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC) on Ravelry. This term I am playing as a Student on Sabbatical in the hopes of focusing on some of those many unfinished projects I have going. When I went through my WIP (work in progress) basket, I realized the situation isn't quite as dire as I had imagined. At least half the project bags in it were just plans—the yarn and pattern for a specific project. Those actually get me in a really great place for after those other projects are complete.

Here's the first one I finished:


It's been waiting to be finished for at least a couple of years, and I love that it's done. It's really pretty big and will be great to curl up in when it's cold (and this time of year I am always cold).

Now I'm finishing up a pair of worsted weight socks. Just the toe to go on the second sock. It feels pretty good to be getting these things done. I'll post a photo of the socks when they are finished too.

2 comments:

Alyx said...

Yay!!! Welcome back to blogland, mama!

acwmaiden said...

Go Cori! :-D