Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

A hat for a friend

I have a lovely friend at work who had a birthday recently. And sadly, she also had a grandmother pass away just before her birthday and the funeral right after her birthday. Kind of stinks. So, a few of us got together and decided to help her have a happy birthday. This is my contribution:

An adaptation of the non-hair-smashing hat in my previous post. This one is also a lovely soft alpaca (Alpaca with a Twist if you are wondering). I used a smaller hook to make a denser fabric. And in a solid color, it just needed a little dressing up, hence the flower.

It fits her just right, and I love it so much that I intend to make myself one and promptly went out and bought more of the same yarn so that I can. I have to say that I really do love the little button in the center of the flower. It's such a cute hat. Happy Birthday Lynette!

1 comment:

Alyx said...

Mom, I don't understand why you never make me cool stuff. I even showed you/gave you the pattern for the hat that I wanted!!!! I'm so hurt. :'(
Anyway, I really like the hat, you're so talented. I wish I had the patience to make something so awesome.