Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation (a little late) for real!

I promised I would come back and write a post for real about graduation, so here it is! It's hard to believe that I am old enough to have three kids out of high school already, but there it is. I shouldn't be so surprised since my 30-year high school reunion is this year too. Wow, where has the time gone?

Anyway, we had a lovely day and I am so proud of my graduate. He graduated with honors and will be heading off to BYU in August. For the summer though, he is lifeguarding at the local water park. It's good for him to finally have a job.

Graduation was pretty much a typical graduation. Lots of people and cheering and a good group of kids heading out into the world. The graduating class was 417 kids and there were times that I thought we'd never get to the end of the green caps and gowns, but we did. He didn't really want anything too big (after all, Senior Celebration is where it's at!) so after the ceremony we took some fun pictures around the campus of the university where the ceremony was held and then went off to Olive Garden with my sister's family to celebrate.

Here are some of my favorite pictures:

He's the tall one at the right.

Here he is actually getting his diploma case (because of course they have to go get their diploma on the way back to their seats).


 Here he is with his dad and me.

 This is one of my favorite sculptures on the campus—a demolished piano. I don't think he looks angry enough to have done all this damage . . . ;-)

Another one. He needed to take a little walk with these ladies.

 I think this one is my favorite. I am a happy mom!



No comments: