Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another day, more stuff

So we went to dinner tonight at the cheap pizza buffet. It's almost always worth it with two teenage boys who can eat an amazing amount. A dad came in with his two kids, a little boy and a little girl. They were awfully cute, but the greatest thing was the little boy's cape. He had a Cars blanket he was wearing. It was awesome. I love it when parents will let their kids do stuff like that. It was another thing that made me smile.

On the yarn front, I am finally almost done with my Herbivore shawl for the yarn shop. This thing took me a very long time. I am a slow knitter I guess. I am down to the final five rows on the shawl. Here's a picture of it from a few days ago:

The pattern is by Stephen West, and once I memorized the four row repeat it was easier to work. I have, however, had to correct a few mistakes... Mostly getting backwards on the rib and having to undo the stitches on the row below and then do the stitch on the row I'm working. Oh, well.  It will get finished.

On Ravelry I am in a Harry Potter group that is so much fun. I am in Hufflepuff (and I love the yellow and black). Each term (three-month period) there are three sets of classes (one a month) and six classes in each set. Assignments are for projects that need to be started and completed during that month. There are also OWL assignments, which are projects that will take more than one month to finish. I have completed two terms in the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup, but have not yet attempted an OWL. I think I might this term. I have a great pattern for a crochet sweater based on one Molly Weasley wore in the Order of the Phoenix movie. I need to get all my materials together and write my proposal. I need 13 colors of yarn for it!

And yes, to continue the rambling, I am now off to my book club where we will discuss "Three Cups of Tea." It was quite and interesting book, and I don't read much non-fiction. I am looking forward to hearing what the rest of the group thinks of it. Now I can read one of the library books I checked out. It's good to have a library. I wish I could read and knit or crochet at the same time.

And finally, I wish that two of my sisters will have exceptionally good news soon. I love them. I want them to be happy and healthy and have good things happen to them. I don't want them to have unhappy things happen to them. That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked Three Cups of Tea. He had another book published a few months ago, Stones Into Schools. It's supposed to be just as good.