Pages

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

More projects finished (finally!)

I tried really hard in April to get some of my unfinished knit and crochet projects finished. I have quite a few, so it's helpful to wrap up anything I can. I didn't accomplish quite as much as I had hoped, but did get a couple of things that I really wanted finished done.

First was the Tropical Breeze Shawl. This was such a fun pattern and it really worked up quickly. I love, love, love the Ella Rae yarn. Smooshy, soft, no splits, fabulous. Easy to work with and beautiful worked up. Here's a photo:

I wore it Friday night when I went to the ballet in Lincoln. It was wonderful and I am so glad I got it done in time to wear. I wish I had remembered to take a picture of it when it was blocking. It was crazy. I think I used 150 pins at least!

I also finished this little doily. I love doilies. I don't know what to do with them after I make them, but I like to make them! Maybe I will make a bunch of them and frame them on black fabric. That would look pretty and I could hang them in the living room near the piano. I'll have to think about that. Here's the one I just finished:



And I have a friend who is having a baby soon (if she hasn't already) and I really wanted to make her some pretty bibs and cute little summer sun hats for her. I was so happy with how they turned out and will make more. Fast and easy and really cute. The perfect pattern in my book!


And I finally finished the shawl I have been working on as a sample for the shop. It took me a long time to make, longer than I thought it would actually. And this picture is before blocking. I took it in and blocked it today, but forgot to take my camera so I don't have a picture of it blocked yet. It nearly doubled in size! It is really a beautiful shawl. I will go in tomorrow to weave in the ends of it, and plan to take a picture of it then. As a relatively new knitter, this is a project I am quite proud of!

No comments: