Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A long time . . . again

Well, I've been thinking about updating my blog for ages and I finally decided to do it. I have so many ideas and things that I want to post about, so it will end up being a series of posts.

Oh, so much has happened since I last posted (I really do need to get better at this, but I just keep saying that and not following through). So, I will just choose something random for today and then worry about all that other stuff later. Life is crazy as always. I forget to slow down -- although that's not such a problem as it used to be. But I am learning to make more of an effort at keeping me mentally healthy. It's awfully hard to keep everyone else that way if I am not.

This means that there is likely much more yarn and many more hooks in my future. As well as a little more thinking of others. I am not very good at that. I consider myself to be quite a selfish person, and that is not a quality I am comfortable with. I am really trying to be more thoughtful; to be more aware of others' needs; to be more in tune with people around me. To help meet others' needs. To do more to help them know they are loved. I know how much I appreciate it when someone tells me I am loved and I want to make people feel that way.

Tonight at work I looked up and out the newsroom windows. The sky was absolutely aflame with the colors that I only see in Kansas sunsets. Gorgeous. Amazing. And a reminder that there is something out there that is greater than me. A reminder that there is beauty everywhere. A reminder to stop, breathe, and take life one step at a time. A good reminder.

DSC05801

No comments: