Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A trial hat

Alyx asked for a hat with ear flaps that would keep her warmer up in Nebraska as the snow begins to fly. So I bought some terrific superwash wool at Twist, and found a fun pattern. However, I wanted to try it out first to see if it would fit her all right, and to see if the pattern needs to be adjusted at all. I had some Wool-ease around from previous projects and it feels about the same weight as the wool, so I whipped up a little hat and sent it to her. She has posted a picture of her wearing it on her blog

I was pretty happy with how it turned out, and she likes it too, so now I have to do the "real" thing. I told her to give the sample to one of her friends at school. I love the wool I found (and it is black and ivory as well) and think it will make a great hat and scarf. I think I will just mirror the hat pattern in the scarf. 4-5 rows of black double crochet, alternating with a row of ivory dc clusters. I think I will add a fringe, too. She wants the strings fatter, so I will try my sister's method for making cord on the next one. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it, and she's pretty happy with it, so it's all good!

No comments: