Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

I Need to Get Some Sleep



It has been a few days and I think I should write a few words (and I think I'll share a picture or two, too). It's late and I still have some writing to do, but I spent some time just messing around. The American Journalism Historians Association national conference is in Wichita the next couple of days and I presented on one of the panels today. I actually went home for a few minutes then went to the reception. Amy needed to go by her house for a few minutes, and we sat and visited for a little while until her husband came home. They went back to play pool or cards with some friends and I thought I would work on some of this giant project that might almost be done!

Instead, I wasted about 3 hours just playing around on the Internet! I think I needed the break, but now it's getting late. I really must sleep for at least a few hours--I have another presentation at 8:30 a.m.!

I wanted to post a couple more pictures from this summer that were just fun. One afternoon I went outside with Kyle (he's 10) and we drew sidewalk chalk pictures. The other picture is just one of my toes, but it felt so good to be barefoot!

Today was a clear, crisp fall day, and I had lunch with a good friend. It was a beautiful walk downtown.

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

Hey, it's almost barefoot weather again! I am noticing a them with all of your 'quick posts'. For a writer and chatterbox you aren't much of a wordy poster ;o)