Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

In which I make snakey Hufflepuff socks

So, on Ravelry.com, there is this really wonderful group based on the Harry Potter books. I love it, because the way it's set up, I get more projects finished than I probably would otherwise. We are sorted into houses, we have classes, and we play Quidditch. It's my favorite place to hang out when I'm online! And, my fellow Hufflepuffs are some of the greatest people I have ever met.

Anyway, for Quidditch in March, we had a crochet sock team from each house, and I was on the Hufflepuff team. I have attempted crochet socks before, but always got hung up at the heel. I have a deep instep and long heel, thus making adaptations almost always necessary, and hence the reason I never finish a pair! Well, this time I did. One of the other people in our house is a dyer, and she made special Hufflepuff  yarn for those of us who were making socks and wanted it. I had so much fun making these and I love wearing them. They fit in my favorite Birkenstock clogs.

One of the fun things about this yarn is that it ended up making a little snakey face on the toe of one of my socks. It makes me smile every time I see it.
I think I want to crochet more socks!

No comments: