Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A trip that results in more yarn


I am really bad about keeping my blog up, and I really need to be better. Maybe this year? Yeah, or maybe not. I guess I'll see. At least I am thinking about it more often.

I had to just write a quick post to say what a great trip I had to California, to spend a week with my sister and play with yarn. We had a fun time at Stitches West, and I brought home quite a haul. The yarn makes me happy.

I got some great yarn from Miss Babs, Creatively Dyed Yarns, Kitchen Sink Dyeworks, Lisa Souza Yarns, Blue Moon Fiber Arts and Noro. I also got some Elsebeth Lavold Sily Wool and and some Kangaroo yarn.

Overall, a nice stash enhancement. I am already 2/3 done with the granny squares from the Noro to make the ultimate splurge afghan. It's going to be yummy. Other plans are in the making for much of the other yarn.

I was glad to have some time to spend with my wonderful sister. We don't get to see each other often enough. And after I got home, I realized that I didn't even get a single picture with her. And now that I have been home almost two weeks, this is what I miss: In 'n Out Burgers, Yogurtland and Trader Joe's. Oh, and of course I miss my sister. And her knitting group.

No comments: