Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Help! I need a vacation...

And lucky for me I've got one coming up in just a few days. It was an amazingly crazy weekend. I started working at the newspaper on Wednesday, and my regular schedule is Wednesday through Sunday nights. I am still teaching my writing class, and trying to catch up on all the grading (the WORST thing about teaching). The class ends Friday, and I will be happy to be able to get more sleep. My schedule at the newspaper is 4 p.m. to midnight (except Fridays and Sundays, which will be more like 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.). And with Harry Potter out this weekend, plus trying to grade, I haven't picked up a crochet hook in what feels like forever (but it's probably more like 4-5 days).

I graded last night after getting home from the paper, and my reward for each assignment graded was a chapter of Harry. I am about 2/3 of the way through and trying really hard to avoid all spoilers. I stayed up until 5 a.m., and then pretty much just crashed until I had to get up at 8:30 to shower and get to class. After class, I came home and read some more until my eyes just wouldn't stay open. Took a 3-hour nap (about), and now that it is 11 p.m. I need to grade some more papers (and see if I can sneak in a few more chapters!).

And we leave on vacation to South Dakota (the Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore, caverns, camping, etc.) on Friday. I am so excited to be away from home and all the pressure (which has been more than normal for the last couple of weeks). I am packing a couple of great crochet projects and a really comfortable chair. Between that and the pool I think I will be one happy camper! I'll take lots of pictures and share them here. I intend to RELAX. Anyway, papers await, so off I go!

No comments: