Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Four hats finally finished!

I sat down yesterday and finally started the last of the four hats I needed to make (for Christmas!) for my nieces. I think I was 'hatted out.' After taking some time to make a couple of other projects, I felt like I could get back to that last hat. Plus, I had a great conversation with my sister, and could figure out how to embellish the hat.

You can see that floral is the theme for these hats, and I was just sort of lost in how to embellish the gold hat. The pink hat is for Nikki, who is 8, and at the time of the question her favorite color was pink (although it may not be any more). The purple hat is for Gina, who just turned 22. I think it looks grown-up enough to quite nice and her favorite color is purple. The blue hat is for Katie, who is 14, and a freshman in high school. I love the little daisy buttons as a fun element, and the flaps can unbutton and cover the ears if desired. The gold hat is for Cammie, who is about 20. She wears a black pea coat and loves yellow. I think the big flower is really retro and adds a touch of fun, as does the sort of ruffly scalloped edge. It looks quite nice on, and the flower pattern is in the March 2008 issue of Crochet! magazine. The magazine just started a series of flowers of the month, and this rose pattern was exactly what I was looking for so I could incorporate yellow into the white flower. Now, I can actually get them wrapped and put in the mail. And since mom and dad's afghan is finished I can send that, too. And of course another box needs to make its way to Iraq . . .

No comments: