Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I love geting packages in the mail,

especially when they contain fabulous yarn. I ordered from the Sheep's Tale on Friday, and got my order on Monday. This is a great (although rather blurry picture) of a slightly heavier sock weight (not quite DK?) hand-dyed superwash from Opal. It is called Herbstmelodie (fall melody for us in English). Unfortunately the pictures don't do justice to the colors, which look like the rich colors of autumn leaves. I think it will make a lovely shawl.

Also in the package were these: on the left, a self-striping sock yarn (also a superwash blend) from Opal, from a series that is based on the work of an artist. I believe the series is called Hundertwassers Werk. There is actually a photo of the art on the label and you can sort of see it on the right-hand side of the label above. I also got this Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in earth. I am determined to make some finer wraps in these lighter weight yarns, or something. I feel a need to break out of my worsted weight rut! And I love the colors!

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

I love yarn packages! Especially when they contain such fabulous yarns as those above. I like my CTH sockittome but their regular sock yarn is better, in my ever so humble opinion. Their colors are fabulous! They have some great artists dyeing their yarns.