Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Timing is everything!

OK, so this is what I see when I look out my back door today. There is about 4-5 inches of snow. It started early this morning, between 2 and 3 a.m. I know because I was still awake after work. And while it is cold and wet and white, we didn't get the blizzard conditions that were forecast. High winds, blowing snow etc. Now, there is some drifting, so the wind obviously has been blowing a little, and maybe it was worse this morning when I was sleeping.

But it's enough to keep the kids home from school, a situation Kyle hates because his class was slated to go on a field trip to the university today. He is not happy about having to stay home!

But then my doorbell rang, and I saw the UPS man climbing back up into his big, brown truck and saw a package on the doorstep. It was the boots I had ordered a few weeks ago that were on backorder! They could not have come on a better day! I still have to go to work tonight, because a little snow does not the newspaper stop. In fact, a lot of snow does not the newspaper stop! I love it when things come together. Yea! I will have warm feet tonight and can still go to SnB.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How karmic, Cori! Very cute boots, and you get to test them on fresh snow! Have fun tonight!

Chauntel said...

OOOOHHH, I love the boots! And the snow! I am a tad jealous. Although I went to the beach with Scott, Renee & Sydney today. More the park across the street from the beach but it was still sand. I kept the kids home today so we could see them on their way back home from Disneyland. It was a nice visit. We hadn't seen them in 3 years. Count 'em, 3 years.