Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

For cold shoulders

My sister inspired me to make a quick crochet project. You can see her version here. It's a pattern that is found in Stitch - n - Bitch Crochet: Happy Hooker. I was going to a conference on Saturday, and wanted it to wear in case the meeting room was chilly (and it was).
I didn't care for the narrowness of the original pattern. It doesn't meet at the front and has a long tie with pom-poms on the ends. The original pattern also just drops over the shoulders a tiny bit. I wanted mine a little longer and to meet in front so I could use a button and not ties. So, I made the L/XL size, and adapted it to fit one more shell motif. The size came out perfect. I used Berroco Comfort yarn, and it took less than two skeins.
I couldn't find a button in my box that I liked, so a quick trip to the fabric store netted this one. I love the little details and it is also quite lightweight so it doesn't pull on the neckline of the wrap. Overall I am pleased with the way it turned out and plan to make another one.

I started it on Thursday night, worked on it a little on Friday morning before leaving for the conference, crocheted in the car (I wasn't driving ;-) ), and finished it that night to wear the next day. I got lots of compliments on it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You'd better watch out, Cori, or we'll be requesting these cute capelets on the copydesk this summer!

Tracy said...

That turned out so cute! And the button suits it perfectly. Lovely Cori!

Chauntel said...

I literally just typed what Tracy had before reading her comment. It's sad that we spend that much time together when we can't come up with our own comments ;o)
Ditto, love it!