Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The kids start school next week!

I can't believe we've already been home for a week from our vacation. It just doesn't last long enough. I have been back at work for a week, and it is time to get the kids last-minute preparations for school. Kyle starts school Wednesday and Ryan starts on Thursday. I have to admit that it will be nice to have some quiet time at home in the mornings before I have to go to work in the afternoons.
The photo above is of the falls that were just outside the mine we went in to view the underground falls. The river is Rapid Creek (for which Rapid City is named --or maybe the other way around?). It was so clear, and ran rather rapidly (hence the name?) and was just the complete opposite of any body of water I have ever seen in Kansas. Everything here is muddy and mucky. This was a beautiful, small fall, with lots of tall pines and granite cliffs.
Then later we went to Mount Rushmore again. It was definitely worth seeing more than once. it was a little lighter than the first time we went, so I took a few more pictures. I thought this through-the-trees view of Lincoln was pretty cool.
And here's mom and dad with Ryan (right) and Kyle (left). Dad almost didn't get his hat back from Kyle, and I had to watch Kyle closely and make sure he didn't sneak his grandpa's hat into our car before we left! The boys had a lot of fun spending time with their grandparents. I wish we lived a little closer so they could see them more often.

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

That is a great pic of the boys with mom & dad! I agree, I do wish we all lived a little closer to them so we could see them more often.
And that picture of Lincoln is great!