Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

A hat for Alyx...

...and a scarf to come. Out of what pattern? Why the one-skein pattern of course! I tried this hat in single crochet several times, and it just wasn't working, so I went back to my tried and true double crochet pattern (works up faster anyway!), then adapted the lower rows to incorporate the shell to match the scarf. The yarn is Wool-Ease, in a nice Nebraska red with little colored confettis in it. It's pretty darn comfy, and soft, and should help keep her head warn when the snow starts to fall. But it's also one she can wear when it's just cool outside and the wind is blowing a little. I made it a little long to cover her ears better.

Next on the list is the scarf, which won't take terribly long either. I think I've got that pattern down to about an hour and a half or so per scarf. Maybe even a little less depending on the fiber.

I do love the way the shell pattern makes a nice border on the hat, adding a little shape, and making it look a little less like a regular beanie. And if she doesn't like it, then I have a nice hat for when it gets colder here! ;-)

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

That turned out really fun!
Yeah, that's pretty much what my hat to match the one skein scarf looks like with the exception that my tried & true is single crochet. Funny, compared to knitting single crochet is so fast! I have a hard time getting used to the open fabric of dc.
She'll love it!