Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

A new member of our family

We got some sad news about our dog last week. He has cancer in his mouth, and we don't know how fast it will grow and make it so he can't eat or drink. But for now we are just loving him and enjoying him. He isn't experiencing any pain or other adverse effects from it right now, it just bleeds occasionally. So the family (and the whole family was here this weekend) decided to get another dog now, while we have Chewie to train him. So when I went to work on Saturday, they went to the Humane Society and found a great puppy.

He is a Doberman mix, and is 7 months old. He is really quite mellow, has long legs and weighs about 40 pounds. I think he won't get much bigger than he is, but he might fill out some. He was a little shy, but seems to be warming up to everyone. He kept running to the front windows and looking out them this morning after Kyle left for school. Kyle has been really great with him and taking care of him. Then he came in and jumped up on my bed and went to sleep with me.
I think he is going to be a great dog.

2 comments:

Chauntel said...

Aaaah, he is so cute! I love dogs & hasn't our family had a bad run with older dogs lately? mom & dad's dogs of course have had a high turnover. Christi just put Sam down. Stacy put Rutger down. Hard times in Sedgwick doggy world. I do not have a dog, I have a mean landlord. Oh well, your new guy is cute enough for all of us!
Congrats!!

Tracy said...

I am sorry to hear about the cancer. But I am happy to hear about the new puppy!! Congratulations!