Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just winding down

It was a late night at the paper tonight. Not the latest ever, but a little later than normal on a Saturday night. Football season has started in earnest, and that keeps the sports team busy busy. We print two editions of the paper for Sunday, and early edition for the state, and a later edition for the city. This means that there are always a few things that need to be changed on pages, like the lottery numbers (they don't get drawn early enough to go in the state edition), some sports scores, sometimes a national or world story will get an update and things like that.

Tonight it was mostly sports. Big 12 football is huge, and KU and K-State both won today.

On another note, I finally got back in the pool today. I haven't swam regularly since I started my master's program three years ago, and it was absolutely just time to start exercising again. I took Kyle and we went over to the lap pool and swam for about 45 minutes. Ahhh, the quiet of the water, and the cool, and the feel of the strokes and breathing. Wow, do I need to get in better shape! But it sure felt good, and I plan to make it a regular part of my routine. The pool is nearby, so I don't have much of an excuse to not do it.

And I think Kyle liked it too.

No comments: